Filed under: Uncategorized
Planning a summer trip is usually focused on what you’ll do, see and experience. Enjoy it even more by spending a little time before you leave to make sure your home is safe while you’re gone.
Consider these suggestions along with your other normal efforts:
- Tell your neighbors you’ll be out of town and to be aware of any unusual activity.
- Notify your alarm company.
- Discontinue your postal delivery.
- Use timers on interior lights to make it appear you’re home as usual.
- Don’t make it easy for burglars by leaving messages on voice mail or posting on social networks.
- Post on social networks about your vacation after you’ve returned.
- Remove the hidden spare keys and give one to a trusted neighbor or friend.
- Lock everything, double-check and set the alarm.
- Take pictures of your belongings in case you need them.
- Disconnect TVs and other equipment in case of unexpected power…
View original post 50 more words
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment